First Week Madness

Hi PSEO family!

How's life? Spring semester going alright? Staying warm? Not buried in a foot of snow?
Here's about how my first week back went:

DAY 1:

  • OMG OMG OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN LIKE THREE WEEKS HOW ARE YOU?? LET'S FOR SURE GET COFFEE OR FOOD SOMETIME! OMG OMG OMG YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS COURSE I'M TAKING, I'M SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

Summary: *dies of excitement*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 2:

  • I just got up at a very early time for the first time in four weeks...I'm dead...
  • Oh hey I didn't you see yet this semester! How are ya? 
  • *Meets new calc prof who is literally a grandpa who always wears this really puffy vest*
  • *Runs across Washington bridge like 5 times between every class*
  • *Dies because I haven't been running in about 2 years*
  • *Has the sweetest lil cinnamon roll chem prof*
Summary: Pretty typical day for me to be honest...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 3:

  • *Meets PSEO kid in discussion*
    • Him: "I haven't really needed to study before, you have any tips?"
    • Me: *worst person to ask* "AH...not really something I can teach you, you just gotta see what works for you..." *cue wise mumble jumble about experience*
  • Sees more people I know -> socializing is hard and leads to so much confusion
Summary: Very awkward day for already a very awkward person
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 4:

  • Loses an econ auction and doesn't get Starbursts :(
  • Gets a question right in calc and grandpa prof points at me and says "Extra points for you"
    • My response: *squirms and blushes* because everyone's is looking at me and my friend is nudging me like, yeah you go girl!
  • Appointment with my admissions counselor lady...winds up in chem lecture late and sits on the floor in the back
    • Me: *is short* *can't see* :(
Summary: Meh
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 5:

  • Sits behind this kid in econ who is typing on his computer and has typos in his notes - *perfectionism goes insane*...also like 80% sure he's PSEO but I'm too awkward to ask...
  • Gets another question right in calc and grandpa prof gestures and says "That is 150% percent correct"
    • My response: *blush and is grateful that he doesn't yell at me for eating Cheerios in his class*
  • Actually gets a seat in chem and fangirls over how adorable the prof is because she is the sweetest lady omg
    • Also! There is a puppy in that class...she's the bestest puppy...
  • *drives for 2+ hours to get home*
    • *eats sandwich in car*
Summary: puppy + food = A+ day
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to spot PSEO kids:

(Because I don't know if I'm the only one, but I have a tendency to be able to tell who they are/look for them because, you know, solidarity and all)

  • Usually looks really young (you babies :3) although this is only sometimes true because I have some friends who look like they're 14 but they are actually college kids
  • Kinda awkward - characterized by sitting off by themselves, excessive perkiness, or looking around uncomfortably (especially if whoever they sit by leaves)
    • For the record, I tend to be guilty of all three...whoops
  • Extreme try-hardness: impeccable notes, never the kid who fall asleep, sometimes the one who speaks up the most (lol me in econ), usually knows what's going on or never does, etc.
  • At first tends to be quiet and withdrawn
  • Has not yet developed the whole "earbuds-in-ears-ignore-the-world-eyes-determined-to-zone-out-everyone-walking-by-mouth-set-in-a-line-like-I-dare-you-to-approach-me" look
Conclusion? We are the innocent, happy babies, who go "oooo" at everything and the college kids look at us and go, "..." 


Complimentary memes :)

Both of these memes are my life...@calculus lol.

Story time: my friend and I have this running joke where I said that if a guy can't out-integrate me he is not boyfriend material. If he can't math, he ain't the one (lol). She always says she has no such rule...especially when I offered to test her boyfriend's math skills 😈

We're about halfway through the second week at this point, so I sincerely hope you are all doing well. Take care of yourselves! You are one of a kind :)

If this week's been rough, there is always next week! I, for one, can't wait for this week to be over...

Much love,

~Tempest

Comments

Popular Posts